What classes should I take to pursue the career of an Advertising and Promotions Manager?

I have chosen to pursue this career for I am creative,

independent, determined, hard working, organized and love

working with computers and art. As a Freshman in high

school I am taking a Microsoft Word Certificate class. I

already have my Junior year filled with CIT, so for Sophmore

and Junior year what classes should I take? And what should

I major in college?

Update:

Oops, my apologies. I meant Sophmore and Senior year.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Colleges/universities/institutes do offer degree/diploma courses in 'advertising'.

There are several sites on the advertising courses and institutions in India and abroad:

http://in.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Courses%20in%2...

List of Institutions offering courses in Advertising and Mass Communications in India

1.Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kasthurba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi - 1

2.Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kulapati K.M.Munshi Marg, Chowpatty, Mumbai - 600 007

3.Bhavan's Harilal Bhagvati College of Mass Communications, Race Course Road, Bangalore - 560 001

4.Bhavan's Institute of Communications and Management, FA/111 Salt Lake City, Calcutta - 770 064

5.Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, JNU New Campus, New Delhi - 110 067

6.Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai - 76

7.Mass communications Research Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia, Jamianagar, New Delhi - 110 025

8.Mudra Institute of Communications, Shela, Ahmedabad - 58

9.Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai - 400 056

10.Siddharth College of Communications, D.N.Road, Mumbai - 1

11.Somaiya College of Arts, Chowpatty, Mumbai - 7

12.Sophia College, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Mumbai - 400 026

13.University of Mumbai's Garware Institute of Career Education and Development, Kalina Campus, Santa Cruz (East), Mumbai-8

14. Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication - Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075 Email : aimc.del@apj.edu Website : www.apeejay.

http://www.scholarshipsinindia.com/advertising.htm...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Chief Executive Officer or President, Chief Financial Officer, VP positions...equal as any industry I expect. To get that some distance within the company international I'd suppose you can want Master's in Business Admin.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.