Is it wrong to have used the money in my mom's wallet?

My mom past away at the begging of the year and being the holiday, I needed money to get gifts for my brother and sister in law. Is it wrong to have used that money for gifts? Money isn't like a big deal for me because it's not sentimental or anything, but I still feel like bad.

Favorite Answer

I understand why you would feel bad, but if you never used the money where and for what purpose would it be used for? Nothing. Don't feel guilty. If she said something like this money is for a specific reason and you didn't fulfill her wish, that's another case then.

I will answer your question from what I would imagine would be your mother's point of view. If I were she, looking down on you from heaven, I would be greatly pleased that you spent the money I left behind on your brother and his wife. It is an act of generosity toward those I have loved.

This is probably a difficult time for you because it is the first Christmas without you mother, but I hope you and your family will enjoy the holiday.

I'm sorry.

But she is gone, if the money was just laying around, it's okay. But if the money was supposed to be used for something, then you should pay it back.

I guess if you really feel guilty for no reason, you should give back the money, it's the only way to feel better.

I mean unless you buried the money with her and dug it up to get it and spend I don't think there is anything wrong with it. At least you didn't go buy crack with it.

pass out Open a financial employer account and positioned all your earnings it. next time any money is going lacking...pretend you in user-friendly terms found out while going to pay for some thing fairly significant (Like a prepare fee tag domicile or a electricity invoice!). Your Mum is being completely unreasonable!

• Eddie

You should be honest. God will forgive a honest boy. Tell mom what you have done honestly, and you mom will understand you. You are really a very good guy!

• Diana

I don't think it's wrong your using it to buy presents for your loved ones.

She would of probably wanted you to have it to do just what your doing. just feel blessed.