Am I "The Physical" or "the Non Physical" ?

Is there more to me than I see in the mirror? To see how there is more to me than an assembly of physical organs, we have first to define the Living and the Non-Living, not merely in the biological senses, but in a deeper, spiritual context. Whatever action I perform, although I will use various instruments, I... show more Is there more to me than I see in the mirror? To see how there is more to me than an assembly of physical organs, we have first to define the Living and the Non-Living, not merely in the biological senses, but in a deeper, spiritual context.

Whatever action I perform, although I will use various instruments, I am totally separate from them. For instance if I use a knife with my hands to chop some tomatoes, throughout the operation the knife makes no decision.

If I lose concentration, and cut my fingers with the knife, neither my fingers nor the knife became emotionally disturbed - they were purely instruments.

It is easy for me to see the knife as an instrument. But I'm so attached to these hands, that It is very difficult to dissociate myself from them, and realize that they too are only instruments, and really nothing more than this.

I have had this pair of hands for as long as I have had this body, and I knowthey are the only one pair I will get. So not only personal attachment to my hands, but to the whole of my physical body, is something so deep, so intense, that I have totally forgotten my real identity.

Ever since the moment when I came into the physical body, I have been labeled and put into compartments according to my physical classifications.

It has been instilled into my conscious that 'you are a boy' or 'you are a girl', so that I grew up absolutely committed to this idea. And in fact if someone were to question this today, to question the identity of being a man or a woman, a person would probably consider it a great insult.

BUT IS THAT WHAT I AM?

An I be accurately labeled 'young' or 'old', 'man' or 'woman', 'fair' or 'dark'?

Is there a real indication of who I am simply through this?

BUT IS THAT WHAT I AM? BUT IS THAT WHAT I AM? BUT IS THAT WHAT I AM?