Do you prefer Breast Feed or Formula Feeding?

• Racine
    Favorite Answer

Hands down, it's breast feeding.

~Cheaper

~Milk is perfectly formulated and designed to meet your child's specific needs

~provides immunity to many diseases

~Beastmilk is actually alive, and contains tons of nutrients you can't get in formula

~Always available, don't have to run to the store in the middle of the night to get more

~Always at the right temperature, and don't need to mix up bottles

~Tastes better

~Formula is correlated with sicker infants- more ear aches, colicky symptoms, constipated, poorer vaccine response, more viruses, digestive system disorders

~Breast milk is easier to digest

~Fewer upper respiratory infections

~Lower rates of obesity into adulthood

~Lasting disease benefits into late adulthood (diabetes, cancer..)

~Babies poop smells pleasant instead of foul.

~Shown to increase brain intelligence because of specific brain building nutrients

~perfect balance and type of proteins, sugars, vitamins, and fats

~breastmilk "customizes" itself to baby's specific needs, such as more protein & fat for preemies, and nutrient composition changes

~promotes stronger emotional bond between mother and child

~helps reduce your risk of breast cancer the longer you breastfeed

~colostrum packs a nutritional punch at birth that formula can't match

~promotes proper jaw and teeth development

~breast milk has a much longer shelf life than formula

~never have to worry about it spoiling (when drank from the breast), or overheating it.

~Is the perfect food for humans

~Larger proteins and more calcium in formula contribute to heavier, larger babies with thicker bones because cow milk is designed for calves which are much larger than humans.

~Save money & lost work time for family because baby is healthier.

The breast is best!

Ladies, what am I missing?

******Oh, yeah! Don't have to worry about a formula recall because someone made a tragic error at the factory causing babies to die!!!

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/breastfeeding

Source(s): Breasfeeding peer counselor 3+ years breastfeeding experience, mom of three

I had to start doing the same with my baby at six days old because she lost twenty percent of her weight and developed breastfeeding jaundice consequently having to be placed under bililights for two days. Wonder what the moms who bash formula would say to that? Let my baby starve and become so jaundiced she might suffer brain damage? I was scared,so I started the topping off with formula routine. At 17 weeks we are still going strong nursing and formula feeding. I am back to work now and it is working out that she receives breast milk at home (nursing session then expressed milk in a bottle) and formula with my MIL or husband when I'm working. I always have wanted to exclusively breastfeed my babies. I often become depressed and feel useless because I couldn't feed either of my children exclusively. I think that it is more difficult to breastfeed, pump, formula feed, and wash all those bottles and pump accesories than to just plain breastfeed so I don't like getting flack for it. I could just as easily quit bfeeding altogether, however I know ANY AND ALL amount of bmilk is beneficial so I still continue to do both. We will continue until I run out or the baby stops wanting to nurse. Currently she is fine doing whatever, but her little tummy does get upset from the formula sometimes.:( Try working with a lactation consultant. Your baby is still young enough to turn things around. If not, don't kick yourself so hard about having to supplement. It is HARD work to do both. Good luck!

I prefer breast feeding, but thats just my opinion. I have my first baby, hes ten months old and the doctor recommended atleast a year of breast freeding. So I'm going to go with it. The last two months though, I am going to pump my breast milk into his sippy cup (he doesn't like bottles). To get him use to no more boobies. Either way, my whole breast feeding experience has been great. I feel like you really bond with your baby, and hthey feel that motherly comfort. I got my baby used to eating while laying down as he started getting heavier and its really easy to put him to sleep. Also, breast milk is much better than formula. Because it has hundreds of nutrients and gives your baby antibodies so he won't get sick as often. I also think formula may be good but my baby had never had it and I say if you have the chance to breast feed, go for it. Its great milk for your baby and a great bonding experience. The doctors would all shake my hand at visits when they would see my son was gettin breastfed. They say alot of women hardly do that now a days. Hope my opinion helped :) ( ps= I was also told by the pediatrician that studies show, breast fed babies have higher iQ's

Source(s): Personal experience,,21 year old mom of 10 month old

Defiantly breast feeding. It is so much easier and takes so much less time. There is no way I could find all the extra time in my day to do all the extra work of formula feeding, not to mention the expense. I don't see how moms find the time to do it.

Breast Feed is better.

• Momma

I prefer breastfeeding by far. I've been breastfeeding my daughter from birth and I love it. Not only are there health benefits for her and me, but I just love breastfeeding. It's calming, relaxing, and it's a great bond that we have because of it (not saying that bottle feeding Moms/babies don't bond but I think it's different).

Source(s): Mom to Savanna Carolynn born June 13, 2011 <3

They say "breast is best" for a reason!

It's not JUST that breastfeeding is better for baby, but also that formula is actually bad for them...

I prefer to be breast fed, and do not enjoy sucking formula from a bottle NEARLY as much.

Scientifictly proven breast feeding makes your kid smarter than the usual :)

I would of have preferred breast feeding, but my daughter and I had a hard time with the latch. But now that she is on formula, I have some sense of freedom and love the fact that I can get away if I need to go for a few hours.

I plan on trying to breast feed the next babies, if I have any more.