Can I cook marshmallows in the middle of cupcakes?

I'm making chocolate cupcakes for christmas and I want to put marshmallows in the middle but I don't wanna have to pipe out in can I just put one in the middle of a cupcake and put the batter over it?

Favorite Answer

You can put 1/2 the batter in the cupcake tin and then set the marshmallow on top and then put the remaining batter over that. When baked the marshmallow will rise a bit to the top and crust. Top with melted chocolate chips drizzle and they are perfect! If you like you can add some crushed graham cracker with the marshmallow for a s'mores cupcake.

Another thing you can do is after they are baked take an apple corer and remove some cupcake then insert the marshmallow and put the removed cupcake back in place and then frost the cupcake.

Have fun and Merry Christmas!

Cupcakes With Marshmallows

• Mike E

Remember one thing, they float to the top (because they are full of air). The best advice is to bake the cake half way and poke holes into it, then put the small marshmallows into the holes. Or you can try to make a 2 layer cake, and let the float on one, the other layer is the top layer, also melt the marshmallows that are left over as frosting in the middle, it will be like glue. I know it sounds strange, but it will work, so the same concept is for cupcakes. With marshmallow frosting, it is easier to add candy to it, since the marshmallows seems to hold itself better then butter frosting. I hope you get the idea. If you need any further assistance please be free to ask me....if not, good luck to your baking, and Merry Christmas.

• Karen

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axDh6

If it does not work when baking a marshmellow.You could try and bake the cupcakes , let them cool , slice the top of the cupcake off , then dig out so you can fit a marshmellow , then put the top back on.You can secure the top back on with some frosting. Then just heat them back up in the oven , it might be trial and error to see how long until the marshmellow gets all gooey. So yeah cook the cupcakes first , then get the marshmellow inside from the top or bottom.Then reheat until its melted.

I like to fill the cupcake batter half full and then add one regular marshmellows and bake until it caves in and turns a golden brown. Then remove it from the oven and add one more regular marshmallow and bake for two more minute. It is so good and you can frost it if you want but I don t. I just found this recipe on Pinterest so I can t take the credit for it. Yummy

Yes, you can. But they won't taste like "marshmallow cupcakes". They'll just be extra moist in the area where you put the marshmallows. I made it recently to bring to a party, and everyone said it was delicious. Hope this helps.

Source(s): The amazing baker, me. I've been given this title by my friends (who are also awesome bakers).

Marshmallows tend to puff a lot when heated. I don't think they would do well in a cupcake....might puff and push your batter out of the pan.

The marshmallows will melt and dissolve into the cake batter.

Put them in after the cupcakes are cooked, you can heat them beforehand if you want them to kind of melt into the batter.