Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

What are some good books to read?

Books similar to Harry Potter, Percy Jackson.. Stuff like that!(:

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

HUNGER GAMES BY SUZANNE COLLINS

The Hunger Games trilogy takes place in an unidentified future time period after the destruction of the current nations of North America, in a nation known as "Panem." Panem used to consist of a rich Capitol, located somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, and twelve (formerly thirteen until one is destroyed) surrounding, poorer districts which cater to the Capitol's needs. As punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol wherein the thirteenth district was supposedly destroyed, every year one boy and one girl from each of the remaining twelve districts, between the ages of twelve and eighteen, are selected by lottery and forced to participate in the "Hunger Games." The Games are a televised event where the participants, called "tributes," must fight to the death in a dangerous outdoor arena until only one remains. The winning tribute and his/her corresponding district is then rewarded handsomely. It is required viewing for everyone in the districts.

It Is being made into a movie starring Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale. Movie releases on 23rd March 2012.

THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS BY CASSANDRA CLARE

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon.

But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

MAXIMUM RIDE BY JAMES PATTERSON

Maximum Ride is a series of young adult science fiction and fantasy novels by American author James Patterson. The series chronicles the lives of six fugitive kids – Max, Fang, Iggy, Gasman, Nudge, and Angel – known collectively as the Flock. Bred in a laboratory called the School, they endured scientific experiments that rendered them 98% human and 2% avian.

A GAME OF THRONES BY GEORGE R R MARTIN

Set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, where "summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime," Game of Thrones chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's noble families for control of the Iron Throne; as the series opens, additional threats from the snow and ice covered region north of Westeros and from the eastern continent across a narrow sea are simultaneously beginning to rise.[2]

Source(s): www.wikipedia.org www.mortalinstruments.com
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Some of these are from female perspectives, some may be a little "girly girl" for your liking but others should be okay. I've left both genre on and you can decide. Meryll of the Stone (Brian Caswell) Picnic at Hanging Rock (Joan Lindsay) Stranger with my face (Lois Duncan) Playing Beattie Bow (Ruth Parks) My Sister Sif (Ruth Parks) Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) Holes (Louis Sachar) Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit Eragorn trilogy Narnia The Golden Compass Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice) Requiem for a Princess (Ruth M Arthur) Looking for Alibrandi (Melina Marchetta) Angels Gate (Gary Crew) Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Pelican's Creek (Maureen Pople) The Diary of Anne Frank To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee) The Shiralee (Dárcy Niland) Into the Wild (John Krakauer) Chocolat (Joanne Harris) Harp in the South; Poor Man's Orange; Missus (Trilogy by Ruth Parks) Where the Heart is (Billie Letts) My Place (Sally Morgan) Little Women (Louisa May Alcott) Rebecca (Daphne De Maurier) The 3 Muskateers (Alexandre Dumas) Anything by the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen Whatever you do don’t run The December Boys (Robert Noonan)

• Kelley
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Cronus Chronicles by Anne Ursu (Shadow Thieves)

Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott (The Alchemyst)

• 8 years ago

Try the trilogy... well, I don't know what it is but the books (in order) are: Shiver, Linger and Forever. :)

ALSO OMG... The Hunger Games. Best books I have EVER read... and I'm a HUGE reader. Have fun!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

1. percy jackson and the olympian series

2.inheritance series

3. so you want to be a wizard

4. the chronicles of narnia

5. bridge to terribithia

6. enchanted castle

Source(s): clssiclit.about.com
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

twilight saga, the vampire diaries series, the lord of the rings series

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.