me asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

I believe in Islam, and want to convert?

Assalam aley'kum!

I'm 17. have been researching Islam since I was about 14.

I've been on a journey, trying to find the right faith. I converted to Russian Orthodox Christianity about 2 years ago, after going to various Christian churches and researching Judaism.

I received a box of wonderful books from islamreligion.com, from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

I have been reading Qur'an, and I find it so very beautiful! When I read the Bible and compare it to Qur'an, it doesn't compare! The Bible seems more harsh with everything, where Qur'an stresses Allah's (SWT) epectations, but then stresses his LOVE AND FORGIVENESS! It also stresses brotherhood of all people under the one and only God.

This is the most beautiful book I've ever read.

My delema is this. I was very active in my old Church. The priest and people call me when I don't go to services. But when I go, it doesn't feel right. I feel like we're worshipping a false god (Jesus, pbuh).

I believe Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet. I don't know why I didn't see it before, but it makes perfect sense.

I do truly believe that there is no god but Allah, and Mohammed (pbuh) is His messenger.

My problem is that I'm tied down to my old Church. My family also hates Islam. I actually cried at school the other day, because another student said that all Muslims should be bombed. Islam is so beautiful, and most Muslims and wonderful people.

I want to be a Muslim, but I wouldn't be able to practice Islam until I get my own home in a few years.

What should I do in the mean time? Convert in secret?

• Favorite Answer

salam...

mashaALLAH im so impressed by you :)...you are very fortunate that ALLAH Almighty made you realize that islam is the truth...

I admire you a lot for your knowledge and insight and your courage...

if you believe in the oneness of ALLAH, and the prophet hood of Holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh), then you already are a Muslim :) just go to an imam and say the shahadah out loud...the imam will tell you what to do...

as for your family, just pray to ALLAH Almighty that they may receive guidance inshaALLAH...

don't go to church...and if possible tell your family about your conversion, or if they threat you or something then just ask your imam what to do..

you'll be moving out soon...then inshaLLAH you'll be able to practice Islam freely..

you converts i believe are much better Muslims than us born muslims... because you have to struggle etc in the way of ALLAH Almighty...

offer salah, fast in the month of ramadan, and recite the holy Quran.....

may ALLAH Almighty help you inshaALLAH Ameen

WaAlaikumAsalaam my sisterr!

In your question you stated the Shahada, "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad (pbuh) is His Messenger". So basically you are a Muslim now. :P

You are now a Muslim, say "Alhamdulillah", but in the mean time you can just decide how you want to tell your parents...It is seriously so strange, every revert I've known, they're parents are either totally against Islam or they have some kind of problem. But there was one revert who became a better person, started respecting his parents, and the parents saw the big change in him and they were so happy. Other times being that parents have actually became Muslims after their children. It's just amazing..

You decide if you want to tell your parents. Remember you can even give Dawah to them, an invitation to Islaam. Take care, salaam. :)

• amel

Mubarak being a Muslim, bro.

Yeah worship in secret, and don't go to church as you find it annoying.

Soon Islam will appear in your behavior, those around you will notice it and wonder why.

They may like Islam through you, but be patient! this takes great deal of time and wisdom... you are indeed a Mujahid/fighter.

Patience and prayer is what I advise you.... I hope you can find a Muslim friend around to decrease ur feel of loneliness.. but NO you are not alone,

That who found Allah... what did he lose? and that who lost Allah what did he find?

May Allah grant you with strength. Amen

Alikum Salam Warehmatullah! (Peace & blessings be upon you too)

Whenever I see any new revert to Islam. I remember my past. Alhumdulillah! Indeed, every secret is behind a deep, aware and conscious study. You reverted to Islam at the age of 17 and I at the age of 18. You're 1 year smarter than me :-D Haha!

I know there are many people who hates Islam. Actually those people who themselves haven't studied Islam but just hear the news about Islam and Muslims from hear-say (Television, Internet etc). But praises to Allah that they are digging their own graves. Once they tell the people that Islam is of Devil and Muslims are barbaric people, so it forces most of the people to know what exactly Islam is. And after studying Islam, they find it pretty positive and opposite of what they were told from hear-say (on Media). So some of the people do revert (convert) openly and some secretly.

Remember when Jesus' (Peace be upon him) was preaching the Gospel, his people were hating him and his followers. Same as Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). He continued the message of Jesus and he became the hatred man too among their people. So history repeats itself. When a person finds the truth and try to explain it to the others they started hating them without a logical reason though they themselves know it's the truth.

If you have accepted that "There's no God but Allah & Muhammad & Jesus are his Messengers" so yeah you're already sinless like new born baby. You don't have to shout for it or jump in a pool to accept Islam. Allah knows what's in your heart and you're a Muslim. You can still put that "Christian" label on yourself if you're afraid of the people. Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." [Qur'an 2:62]

WELCOME TO ISLAM MY BROTHER! Watch this video:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ4QxD9yg80

Youtube thumbnail

Thanks,

Mr. Khan

Walikum aslam wa rehmatul ALLAH wa brakat : )

May ALLAH bless you and MAy ALLAH give guidance to your family too.

I prefer you to accept Islam secretly and for this you just have to say Shadah and remember after accpeting you must have to avoid every kind of "shirk" may ALLAH give you a successful future.

Salaams brother. I was Roman Catholic before accepting Islam. I too researched many religions in the world before finally accepting Islam as my religion. Islam makes perfect sense and ties in perfectly with historical fact. You should revert as soon as possible cause you don't know when you are going to die. Do not worry about your ties to the church and about your parents. What counts in the Hereafter is what you did on earth and more importantly...what was your religion/beliefs. If you die now, then you may be raised up as a pagan following the religion of Christianity. Make the change now! Take the shahadat now! You don't have to tell anyone about your reversion to Islam just yet, but at least make the change now. How many people are going to end up in Hellfire just because they follow the religion that their parents follow? Allah (SWT) says in the Quran that the disbelievers say, "NO!! We will follow that which our forefathers followed. And Allah (SWT) then instructs Muhammad (SAW) to say to them, "You will follow your forefathers even though they were not rightly guided, nor were they on the straight path?"

Allah (SWT) is great and His religion is perfect. Welcome to the truth brother...welcome to Islam!!

yes can convert in secret until its ok to announce it . as for the church i don't know how things work , but you can try to make up something that makes you busy to attend , like join a sport club or chess club or language lessons .. or any thing that seams a good excuse .. GOOD LUCK my new brother :D

PS: make shure to say the shahadatain in order to become a muslim , other wise you are not a muslim yet .

Source(s): Muslim :D

Mashallah... you should revert ASAP...

it's just taking the Shahada and you don't have to tell anyone if it's going to make your life difficult.

Your priest and family are Kuffar of course they're not going to like it... but don't worry about them, they'll get over it eventually, everyone's entitled to their Religion.. if they tell you why and all that stuff tell them Jesus (pbuh) was a HUMAN BEING... how can he be God? Anyways, you just do you, don't worry about what they'll think.. I'm happy for you and May Allah(swt) make it easy on you.. You've got your brothers and sisters in Islam... go to any mosque, they're going to support/guide you through everything.

Salaam Alaykum

Study about Islam one more year, learn how to perform Islamic prayers and salats and learn to read Quran. By then you should be sure of your decision. Then you will be adult and your family will not be on your case.

Do what you want. but the quran contradicts itself just like the bible. google contradiction in the quran and you'll see what I mean. there is so much blood shed just like the bible and Jesus was a peaceful man mohammed was not. My uncle is muslim, my aunt married a muslim man. when his father had a heart attack they were able to revive him. when he came to he pointed at the wall and said God, King. guess what was hanging on the wall? A CROSS. when I was 12 I was thinking of converting over to being muslim. i asked god to give me a sign if this is the right path. later that night i was greeted by a demon, telling me to yes come join us. this happened to me twice. the thing was ugly as all sin! when I was 14 I asked Jesus if he was the son of God I asked him to show himself to me by the third night if he didnt I was going to become athiest. On the third night when I asked if he is the son of God, I walked into my mothers room and standing there was Jesus in all his glory. I collapsed and started crying.I never doubted him again!!! all Im saying is open your eyes and your soul and heart. and stop trying to find god with your brain. its no wonder you never connected with him when you were at church. and start praying the rosary. Mother mary has been appearing in Guadalupe for decades and had predicted many thing that were to come. she predicted 9/11 the collapse of the economy etc. she said her son is very angry because all of you have turned your backs on her son. wait till He comes back. Good luck with your soul dude. I really do hope you get back on the right path. god bless you in Jesus name, amen.