my sony stereo system wont work just keep flashing protect?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bubba
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I hate to say this, but when you see the "protect mode" light up on your stereo, the damage has usually already been done. Especially on a Sony. At this point you're normally better off to just replace the receiver. The one thing you can try though, is to unhook everything from the receiver, including the speakers and turn on the receiver by itself. If the protect light is still there, you're screwed.The protect light you're seeing is coming from the circuitry in the stereo, telling you that something is wrong and it won't turn on until it is fixed. The only problem is that most can't be fixed, at least not at a reasonable cost. Sorry.

Source(s): Experience in electronics
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sony Stereo Protect

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

my sony stereo system wont work just keep flashing protect?

Source(s): sony stereo system wont work flashing protect: https://shortly.im/AUHe6
  • 9 years ago

sometimes this warning comes on if one of the speaker wires is crossed and one negative wire is touching a positive wire.

Check connections at rear confirm nothing is touching each other, and check the speakers.

Might be a good idea to unhook all the speakers, unplug the stereo, turn back on. If the warning is gone, it's the wires. If it's still there, it's inside, and in most cases not worth fixing unless it's a very high end, big dollar item.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Your first mistake was buying a Sony stereo. Now you need to turn the demo features off.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avNaT

sony is straight junk thats your problem

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

sorry , time for new one. it is cheaper than trying to fix the old one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.