Jehovah's Witnesses: What is your personal view of proper parenting and discipline?

I am disabled with a disease I was diagnosed with since age 10. I am nearly 14. I had this disease since birth, but never knew until I was diagnosed with it. My Dad is a baptized...I couldn't call him a Christian because of how he talks to me. Today, when talking about a Kingdom Hall in San Diego, I... show more I am disabled with a disease I was diagnosed with since age 10. I am nearly 14. I had this disease since birth, but never knew until I was diagnosed with it.

My Dad is a baptized...I couldn't call him a Christian because of how he talks to me. Today, when talking about a Kingdom Hall in San Diego, I interrupted him to speak louder, because I couldn't hear him. He said he wasn't talking to me, and than said there's no sense in talking to me.

When I try to read aloud to him about parenting and a father's role, from the book "Making Your Family Life Happy" (an old out-of-print JW publication) he interrupts me saying I don't need to read to him. It's hard to view Jehovah as my father when I don't have a father who is loving, like Jehovah is.

I wish there could be a Watchtower study article about proper parenting and a husband's God-given assignment regarding parenting. Then we'd have to study it, and Dad would be forced to read it. I once told him he's different from other Christian fathers, and he agreed, saying he knows he better. I didn't agree with that statement, and still don't.

In the conventions I've been at, I see how other fathers are. I'm mainly and basically unhappy and depressed.
Update: He is kind and nice when I don't irritate him by talking so much or by singing.
Update 2: Thanks, but a few months ago, I tried several articles on watchtower.org and tried to read it to him. But instead, he said that I need to read about "how to be a good child" and not about a father's role, since I'm not a parent or a father.
Update 3: Well, the congregation here is not strongly spiritual. Two Tuesdays ago, we left right after we went in because nobody was going. The brothers who were there were discouraging everybody from going. We didnt go to last Sunday's meeting, but we did the watchtower article. The abbreviation for my disease is... show more Well, the congregation here is not strongly spiritual. Two Tuesdays ago, we left right after we went in because nobody was going. The brothers who were there were discouraging everybody from going. We didnt go to last Sunday's meeting, but we did the watchtower article.

The abbreviation for my disease is F.O.P. I'm bent over, with little movement in my legs, hands. Most other FOP's think that the disease stops them from doing everything because of the stiffness the diseas e causes. But I use an iPad.
Update 4: While doing the last study article of the Watchtower, he punished me yesterday with a full day of not using the iPad. I was just trying to tell him what kind of father Jehovah is. His punishments have no effect on me, but instead, makes me more unhappy. I admire other fathers, like the kind of father Mike Brady is... show more While doing the last study article of the Watchtower, he punished me yesterday with a full day of not using the iPad. I was just trying to tell him what kind of father Jehovah is. His punishments have no effect on me, but instead, makes me more unhappy. I admire other fathers, like the kind of father Mike Brady is from The Brady Bunch.

In the "Making Your Family Life Happy" book, chapter 'Your Role As Parents' page 103, one paragraph said: The way he handles his God-given assignment can have a marked effect on his children's later attitude toward authority.

And he has said many times that I'm disrespectful. He's not making a mistake, he knows and wants to treat me that way. He doesn't speak loving. It's firm and hardheartedly. When he prays, he's not speaking in a sincere tone, a tone that acknowledges Jehovah's position. He speaks as if he is superior like the angels.