Hanna asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 8 years ago

No Die Off Effect from taking Grapefruit Seed Extract and Olive Leaf Extract?

I have been taking 6 Olive Leaf Extract capsules (500 mg each and 15% oleuperin) spread out through the day, and 2 servings of Grapefruit Seed Extract mixed in water (once in the morning and once at night...about 10 drops each) for about 4 days now and have experienced no die-off effects. I started slow with the Olive Leaf Extract...taking only two a day at first and then building up to six.

I began this regimen to both build up immunity for the holiday season and to treat a yeast infection. It incredibly cured my yeast infection, but I have yet to experience die-off symptoms I have been reading about. Is it because I am already healthy for the most part? I take vitamins and herbal supplements every day and don't get sick often. Just wondering...

Favorite Answer

Die off effects and detoxing effects don't happen the same way for every person... some are "clean enough" that they don't experience enough of the negative effects and some people just don't have enough of a problem to experience the down side of it. In a similar way, some people don't experience the negative side effects of a variety of products either. ;-)

I would just consider yourself in the luckier percentage that you didn't have the die off effect (as it can be very uncomfortable in worse cases) and be glad the infection has been taken care of. Good luck and I hope I helped!

Source(s): Health/nutrition classes, personal experience, and personal research in my role as a Product Specialist for a vitamin company

As other people said - not everybody reacts to substances in the same way. Doesn't happen to everyone, and congrats on choosing a more natural way for curing your yeast infection.

Not everybody reacts to substances in the same way.

Don't worry. Be happy. But lay off sugar and starches anyway as much as possible.

• Joshua

1