Mark
Mark asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Do you use the word "neocon" a lot?

If so, would this be a good description of a "neocon?" Alan Dershowitz says this about Justice Antonin Scalia: "His conservatisms, according to a professor who is an expert ... are 'of the Old Word European sort. rooted in the authority of the Church and the military. It is more reminiscent of French, Italian, and Spanish clerical conservatism than of American conservatism with its libertarian bent."

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a description they use at Starbucks

"A grande skinny double shot Neocon Latte, please!"

No I don't, but I applaud Dershowitz for delineating the difference correctly.

However, Dershowitz is frequently the opposite spectrum of @sshat that Scalia is.

I just can't buy into either version of asshattery.

• Jimbo

Your definition is incorrect from Dershowitz and the only time I see the word neocon is on Y/A and MS NBC where it is used as a pejorative.

The Republican party used to be the party of peace then came the neocons or New Conservative influenced by the war lobby.

And yes sadly the tea party has been taking over by Neocons, specially given the fact that it was started by Ron Paul supporters.

Yes. I use it often to define the current wanna-be conservatives that haven't a clue about true conservatism.

I use it to describe social conservatives that are not above stealing from the poor. And, the most devout Roman Catholics hang around the wacko fringes of both parties.

"jakers"..Link is the original description,..It has nothing to do with today's Neocon..

Liberals are not Neocons,..

Neocons are "Not"..a majority in Israel,..If they represent at all..It's an American thing..

The definition is different ..Today"...than anything you'll read in text...

Richard Pearl...William Kristol,..Dick Cheney are Neocon's..

Neocons wanted war with Iraq, with Cheney's Lead...

Endless War..War for Profit..Blood Money..

it's been MY experience that the word "neo-con" is used almost exclusively by people who can't get conservatives to agree with them on things like excluding Jews from almost everything in life, returning blacks to slavery, forcing anyone whop looks remotely Mexican to leave America forthwith..you know, the average racist pig

Dershowitz is not a neoconservative. He's a shill for Israel, but no Conservative.

I don't use the term Neocon since they changed their name to teaparty