Can someone give me a catchy title for my college application essay?

My grades throughout high school weren't great. I really messed up and I decided to talk about that in my application essay. I talked about how I messed up and I used to not care much about school. I talked about going back home to my country this summer and seeing how poorly people lived there and how very few people there were educated and this completely changed me. I talked about how that was a real eye opener for me and I decided I wanted to better myself. I also talk about greatly improving and how I am now an A student. I just need a really good title but I cant think of one. I was thinking of something like "Getting my Priorities Straight" or "A Real Eye Opener" but that's boring. I want something more creative. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I really have to nail this essay!

U don't want anything too cliche soo

- Dirty Socks - for the people who live poorly

- Holey Socks - " "

- Refresh -

oh, wait, k i just realized this- arent u not supposed to have a title. I remember for my UC app, u don't put a title cause it will add to the word count. I don't know how it is for ur essay. but i guess those are a couple of options for titles if u need one.

How about "The Prologue to the Rest of my Life"

Source(s): 3AP English student, junior in high school

Don't give it a title

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.

Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, signed the Emancipation Proclamation. This momentous decree came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of ***** slaves who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But one hundred years later, the ***** still is not free. One hundred years later, the life of the ***** is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, the ***** lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, the ***** is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our nation's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the ***** people a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children.

It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the *****'s legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of freedom and equality. Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the ***** needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the ***** is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the ***** community must not lead us to a distrust of all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

Source(s): You know that guy who did that thing

A great change" maybe?