i broke my usb flash drive?

well as the title says is there any way to get my work back? i have broken the usb bit off the the pcb board, please someone help THANK YOU

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you broke the silver USB Adapter from the board. If that is so, there is a chance that this could be soldered back on. It all really depends on the damage to the actual PCB at this point. If you've got a good Soldering Iron and a magnifying glass (or a microscope) you should be able to just solder the connectors back on.

If however there is extensive damage to the PCB, there is a chance that you might need to do something a bit more Advanced to get to your files. I would not recommend meddling with your usb drive past the soldering of the USB adapter back onto the PCB to make sure that you don't damage something else on there. There is a sea of data recovery companies out there on the internet that do just that, fix broken flash drives. On such company that I have personal experience with is eProvided Data Recovery. This guys are really affordable when it comes to recovering data (usually under $70).

If that soldering fix fails, give them a shot. This is their website: http://www.eprovided.com/d1/usb-drive-recovery.htm... When you get them on the line, ask a bunch of questions, they should be able to help you.

good luck.