Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Do you consider the Confederate flag racist?

Also, it is banned in just about every public school. Do you think it should be?

Favorite Answer

Yes,it's a flag flown by those who revere their traitorous ancestors' war for slavery.

And No, I disagree with Republican activist judges, I actually think students should have the right to wear anything they please. Only the ACLU has ever fought (and lost) for this right, whether the wish is to wear a confederate flag, aborted fetus, or as in the original case, Bart Simpson.

• ?

difficult call. the element approximately it incredibly is that individuals have distinctive comments on it. i in my opinion have not something incorrect with it, and that i don't think of that it incredibly is racist in any respect. although, there are a number of those that do think of it incredibly is. The accomplice conflict Flag (what everybody calls the "accomplice Flag" isn't their actual nationwide flag) used to fly below the U. S. and state flags on genuine of the capitol of my state (South Carolina). The NAACP boycotted SC for years in an attempt to purpose and get the flag taken down through fact of their thought of it as racist. ultimately the flag became taken off the genuine of the State living house, yet became positioned at a monument honoring the accomplice squaddies on the grounds of the State living house. That flag is divisive, through fact it ability distinctive issues to distinctive human beings. To me, its an emblem of my historical past and historical past. To others its an emblem of hate and oppression. in case you want to do it, bypass forward. For one element, you're mixed-race, so it incredibly is going to be not common for somebody to call you racist. basically be arranged for individuals to be slightly indignant approximately it.

No it's not racist. Only ignorant uneducated fools think it is.

I don't think anyone who flys it thinks 'wow, I wish I had me some slaves'. It's just a 'Southern Thing', the same way the 'Black Power Fist' is worn on necklaces, tshirts etc. I don't really think either one are racist. Something is always going to 'offend' someone. Like the old song says 'you can't please everyone, so you, got to please yourself.'

• ?

Nope.

The CSA stood for many other things besides slavery.

It's racist and treasonous. It was once flown by terrorists.

I find the people who still fly it are.

It's the battle flag of those who fought to keep slaves so to an extent, yes.

No

It's American history

ugly or not

• Yes,

And it should be banned.

• ?

of course not