My boyfriend dumped me and is now going after a girl who looks just like me?

I was with my boyfriend for a good while. We never fought, we never argued, I never did anything to hurt him; I was always kind to him and I never smothered him, either. He said he likes more reserved girls better than loud, life of the party girls. He dumped me in an awful way a few months ago (in a graveyard, of all places) and I found out he cheated on me. The typical things that make up a bad person.

But now, 3 months after breaking up, he is pursuing this girl who looks alarmingly similar to me. Different personality (bitchier and colder), but the looks are right there. He doesn't talk to me and seems pained when I try and initiate conversation (as we go to the same university and have the same friends, there is a need for some civility.)

What does this mean? It's weird to me. A few people have pointed it out -- it's not just me. Is there a Freudian thing here, or is it just coincidence?

Before this he dated a completely different type.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

It means just what he said for the reason he was breaking up with you. It had nothing to do with your looks, he was attracted to the type of look you and this other girl have. He had a problem with your personality, so he got someone with the same look but a different personality type.

Maybe he loved your looks but wanted a bitchier and colder version of you. He honestly probably just changed his mind and wants to try something different. I wouldn't even give this guy the time of the day. Just move on girl, you are much better than that. That new relationship will be over before you know it and he will be begging you back saying he made a mistake. Oh well... his loss.

- Relationship, MD

It's possible that you are physically his type, but your personality just isn't what he is into. In other words, he might find you and girls that look like you really beautiful, but he prefers a different personality. Either way, he is your ex and you don't have to care about that stuff. Just let him live his life. If he's dating cold and mean girls, he will probably be miserable, anyway.

That's just incredibly awkward. One of my ex's is doing the same thing, the girl looks just like me but a different personality. It's a little funny but otherwise, don't think much of it. I guess they just like those features on a girl.

dont pursue him. Hes just an idiot who doesnt kno what he wants. The fact that he dates a girl who looks like you means that he cant get you out of his head. Trust me, dont get bak wit him or anything

You're his type. That's why he's going after girls who look like you.

Do you look like his mom? If yes, then its Freudian. If no, then it isn't. Why do you care anyway?

He sound like a player!!. And he gets any girl he likes, lucky guy