Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 9 years ago

Why aren't white girls allowed to be curvy?

I mean the black girls and the brown girls are. Why do the white girls always have to appear and act so stiff? Why can't they be proud of their soft hips?

I mean I just saw an Indian girl with her bf at a dance and she was slowly shaking it well and her bf was showing appreciation to her appeal by touching her hips and lifting her shirt a little. Why don't white guys like these curvy figures on their girls? Why do they like them so stiff and not soft?

@Brittney

No not fat, just not skinny and stiff.

• Tardis
    Favorite Answer

Because I never thought, in my right my mind, that i had a choice in how girls look. They starve themselves, they over eat themselves, and they decide to think of themselves as being unattractive when they see models who are the size of a twig. I personally like curves on a woman, and so do most guys. But, when did we ever have a choice in what girls look like? I never see curvy White girls, that's just the thing. You are talking about curvy, as in, nice, hour glass shape? Not curvy, as in, over weight? because that annoys me when people call themselves curvy when they are fat. Huge difference.

Because sadly in "White culture" curvy now seems to mean "Size 16+ with fat rolls". Rather than what I think of when I think of curvy as maximum size 12, but a small waist, and an hourglass figure.

It's the stereotype. It's what you see in magazines and on T.V. In reality, I doubt it, there are plenty of skinny girls who don't have boyfriends and plenty curvy ones that do. If you're so concerned, eat healthy and work out (in a healthy manner) that way you'll know for a fact you're in the best shape you can be in and you're healthy. Be proud of who you are and don't worry about the stereotype (it's overrated anyway).

It's hereditary. Personally, im hispanic and i had an indian grandfather on my mother's side. I also know some very curvy white girls. It's different for every girl.

Aren't there enough fat women already?