Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 9 years ago

Using an iPhone 3GS with T-Mobile questions!?

Hey my friend just gave me her old iPhone 3GS and I want to use it with T-Mobile.

I know I have to jailbreak it and do some stuff, I've jailbroken iPod Touches before so I'm not blind on the subject, but I've never done it with a Phone.

My question really revolves around what Firmware I should put the iPhone 3GS on before I jailbreak.

I've heard people say using T-Mobile Jailbreak on a 3G/3GS phone with Firmware 4.0 - 5.0 causes the phone to be extremely laggy.

Obviously I don't want lag, so should I down grade to firmware 3.0 - 3.3? Or can I keep 5.0 or 4.2 or whatever and those lag rumors aren't true or are they caused by something else?

Favorite Answer

the firmware has nothing to due with the lag,tmobile service is laggy no matter what phone.

jailbreak with redsnow,and 5.0.1 firmware.

• gia

sure you are able to basically jailbreak it bypass onto bifida locate ultrasnow (if its not there via default then upload the repo for it google a thank you to accomplish that its incredibly common) them set up that and additionally you presently are in a position to apply with t-cellular. Now for internet and mms settings google t-cellular iphone internet and it provides you with incredibly common step via step handbook to provides the apn for internet and mms settings. yet you will not have the skill to apply 3G provider yet you have got the skill to apply the gprs community or (side) that's slower yet not so slow you will incredibly suggestions lots.