Derek
Lv 6
Derek asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Do you think it's a sign of something bad when a group of people are referred to as "illegals"?

The left and the right use the term. I just think it's depressing when the term illegals is used to describe a people. And the notion that we should be more lenient to people breaking our laws, when we have the most lenient immigration system in the world. Is this not strange to you in the slightest?

Update:

@Swingking: Yea, I think that would be more appropriate. The term illegals sounds like something out of a futuristic-totalitarian state.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Indeed. Even people convicted of violent crimes are not routinely labeled "illegals". This term is restricted to a group of people who are only guilty (or presumed guilty) of crossing an international border. That constitutes a crime, and means the person has done something illegal, but the person is not illegal, only the action.

I broke a speed limit yesterday; am I an illegal because of that?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

it may strike some people as strange, but when you consider the fact that illegals vote virtually 100% Dimocrap, it becomes obvious why they would do so

• 9 years ago

OK then let's call them the "not so much law abiding immigrants"

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I thnk it's a sign that they are illegal, and they should be treated that way.

Source(s): What part of the word "illegal" do liberals just not understand?
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes - it means a bunch of criminals are invading to steal tax money - handed out gleefully by America hating liberal government workers

• 9 years ago

illegals are the 4th greatest scum of the earth.

1) Repubs (Reagan gave them amnesty. GW Bush wanted to as well)

2) Dems (just because)

3) people that hire illegals

4) illegals

• 9 years ago

How about lawfully challenged. lol

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If they would leave we couldn't abuse the term.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

would you rather we refer to them as criminals? They illegally enter the country.

• 9 years ago

YES- the answer is- I don't MEET many LAWS-

only people.

People FIRST!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.