Derek
Derek asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Do you think it's a sign of something bad when a group of people are referred to as "illegals"?

The left and the right use the term. I just think it's depressing when the term illegals is used to describe a people. And the notion that we should be more lenient to people breaking our laws, when we have the most lenient immigration system in the world. Is this not strange to you in the slightest?

@Swingking: Yea, I think that would be more appropriate. The term illegals sounds like something out of a futuristic-totalitarian state.

Favorite Answer

Indeed. Even people convicted of violent crimes are not routinely labeled "illegals". This term is restricted to a group of people who are only guilty (or presumed guilty) of crossing an international border. That constitutes a crime, and means the person has done something illegal, but the person is not illegal, only the action.

I broke a speed limit yesterday; am I an illegal because of that?

it may strike some people as strange, but when you consider the fact that illegals vote virtually 100% Dimocrap, it becomes obvious why they would do so

OK then let's call them the "not so much law abiding immigrants"

• ?

I thnk it's a sign that they are illegal, and they should be treated that way.

Source(s): What part of the word "illegal" do liberals just not understand?

yes - it means a bunch of criminals are invading to steal tax money - handed out gleefully by America hating liberal government workers

illegals are the 4th greatest scum of the earth.

1) Repubs (Reagan gave them amnesty. GW Bush wanted to as well)

2) Dems (just because)

3) people that hire illegals

4) illegals

How about lawfully challenged. lol

If they would leave we couldn't abuse the term.

would you rather we refer to them as criminals? They illegally enter the country.

YES- the answer is- I don't MEET many LAWS-

only people.

People FIRST!!!