Why do I get texts...?

That aren't meant for me? Sometimes my friend will send me a message that is for a mass group, & then one of the people from the "mass group" will respond and I will receive that text rather than the person who sent it, the person the response was meant for. Also, when this happens am I the only person who receives the mistaken text or does it get sent to everyone? Thnx.

Favorite Answer

sounds like Moron who is repsonding doesnt know how to text... LMAO

when you "reply" to mass text message, the phone will reply to its sender... in this case "everyone"... so when the moron replies back, all people on the text will get his reply..

what he needs to do is compose a NEW text to that 1 person

Source(s): Sincerely, Android Core, See Us On Facebook and Twitter!

This is because texting works simiarly to e-mail. Because friend1 sent it to all her contacts, when one of the people who received it, the re-ply it set to reply to everyone. So when friend2 replies, it's being sent to all the people who revieced the mass text from friend1. Just inform all the people to manually type in the reply for mass texts, to avoid the annoyance factor.

Isn't this something that can be reset or changed since not everyone knows not to respond to a mass test?