Black criminal rates?

Is there a higher crime rate for blacks than all other races? I went to school in new York and a black kid as young as 12 in my junior high stole my iPod, many other things have been stolen by blacks such as my wallet and headphones, every time it's a black kid, why is that?

Favorite Answer

Blacks commit a disproportionately larger amount of crimes compared to their percentage of the population, but whites commit more crimes as they are the larger group.

Still... I strongly recommend that you don't prejudge a group based on statistics and take each person as an individual.

Also, just as a side note. Historically, when a crime is deemed as primarily "black," it is often treated more harshly. That sort of skews the stats somewhat.

Stats show there is a higher percentage rate of blacks in our prison system over whites even though there are more whites than blacks out side prison. There are many reasons for this. I think you and all people should really choose your circle of friends carefully. You become who U hang with. Its not about color It's about if U hang out in a dope house U will be most likely smoking dope soon. If U hang around people doing positive good acts you will likely follow and stay out of trouble. Be care full who your circle of friends are and stay positive we all sooner or later will be a victim at some point in our lives but that's the world we live in.

• lewan

My suggestions: Who have been the employers / interviewers.......what have been their races, backgrounds from which those data have been generated? in the event that they have been white, culturally, they'd have been greater mushy with the white (w/ criminal checklist) interest applicants. in the event that they have been black employers / interviewers, greater possibly it is racism in the way it is concept in a unfavorable gentle by using society. additionally, the criminal checklist needs to be clarified - an arrest for marijuana possession may be a criminal checklist that bares little magnitude for the applicant in evaluation to incarceration for greater serious offenses. additionally, how a job applicant properly-knownshows and explains a criminal checklist to a means business enterprise would have a pertaining to how considerable that checklist is. finally, i think of we've geared up too many regulations to wrestle discrimination - to the factor that folk are too afraid to bare, communicate and overtly technique the roadblocks of overcoming shade ameliorations of their options; and in answering your question, i'm individual who feels that restrict.

I had my retirement investments stolen by an old white man with billions of dollars.

LOL @ the ignorance of youth when trying to make an intelligent statement and failed.

they know whats good, and aprently it was your i-pod. next time use i condom