How old do you have to be?

Most people cant wait till christmas,well I can My parents[step mom and biological dad] decided after christmas[this is the good part] are getting a divorce. Now me,my bro. and sister have to go live with my grandma b/c my dad would only get 300 dollars after child supports taken to go to my step mom and my little sister.My real mom and dad went to court years ago and my dad got custody but she tried to get us back but the judge said no.Im I to young[im 13] to chose what parent to live with or am I stuck with my dad.

• Favorite Answer

http://squidoo.com/Custody-TheChildsChoice

Suggest to your father and stepmother to do Bird Nest Custody.

Source(s): http://dads-house.org/ http://www.youtube.com/DadsHouseEdCtr For 22 years, I have volunteered my time working with divorced/single fathers dealing in family law issues, such as child support, teaching them about what the states are not telling support obligors. ♂♀

At 13 you can technically chose which parent to live with...HOWEVER, both parents have to be deemed as "fit" by the court.

If your mom lives in a stable place, like her own apartment or house, and has a Job, and a license and basic things like that then she MIGHT be labeled as fit by the court.

I have to warn you though that if your mom lost custody to begin with she must have been doing something pretty bad...and then to not get it back when she tried before....well she must not have been good enough yet, but that might have been because your dad had a stable home, which he no longer does. So, if you think your mom would pass the "fit" test for court tell her to file for custody again.

Good luck!

I am pretty sure you have to be either 12 and older or 13. Explain to your grandma how you feel and that you want your mother to have custody over you. I'm sure theres a good reason why your dad got the custody because usually the mother does get custody.

I am very sorry for whats going on :( i feel your pain.

Good luck <3

Usually at around 13, your opinion will be taken into account by the judge during a custody dispute. Here is a law article on a child's say in custody: http://www.westpalmbeachdivorcelawyer.com/articles... It will not make the decision-it would be based on a number of factors-but it will play into the final word from the judge.

• it depends if your parents can't work it out to let you choose where you want to live, they your mom can file for custody again and from there you can talk with the judge and explain who you want to live with. What state are you in? it is different in any state when you reach the age where your voice has enough weight to make the decision. I wish you the best of luck and i do know that the older you get the more influence you have in the decision.

Talk to your Dad lehim know how you feel. Is your mom able to take care of you? If his mom can take you, then is it possible to visit ur mom more?

They would have to go back to court to review custody. Children really aren't asked unless they want to be heard at the hearing. One parent has to request you be heard or you'd have to be in court and request for yourself. The courts do listen to your comments if your old enough.

The talk with your parents has to have taken place, for them to consider ur comments. So they know you did try to resolve with parents first.

Hope your get peace, be well.

It depends on the situation and on the state but its usually 12. My thoughts are with u hoping u get through this difficult time.

<------------>That is Jesus Christ our Savior

GOD BLESS YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

GOD BLESS YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

GOD BLESS YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

GOD BLESS YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

AMEN TO JESUS, HE IS ALMIGHTY.

BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOU WILL BE

SAVED FROM HELL.

GOD IS GOING TO COME REAL

SOON, HE IS RETURNING REAL

SOON BUT GET PREPARED OR

ITS GOING TO BE TO LATE AND

YOU WILL END UP IN HELL. JUST

BE READY FOR HIM

-------††††-------Please

-------††††-------Place

-------††††-------This

††††††††††††Cross

††††††††††††On

-------††††-------Your

-------††††-------Page

-------††††-------To Show

-------††††-------That You

-------††††-------Love & Believe

-------††††-------In God

GOD BLESS YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

GOD BLESS YOU. SEE YOU IN HEAVEN.

I AM A CHRISTIAN.

AMEN TO JESUS, HE IS ALMIGHTY.

BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOU WILL BE

SAVED FROM HELL.

GOD IS GOING TO COME REAL

SOON, HE IS RETURNING REAL

SOON BUT GET PREPARED OR

ITS GOING TO BE TO LATE AND

YOU WILL END UP IN HELL. JUST

BE READY FOR HIM

-------††††-------Please

-------††††-------Place

-------††††-------This

††††††††††††Cross

††††††††††††On

-------††††-------Your

-------††††-------Page

-------††††-------To Show

-------††††-------That You

-------††††-------Love & Believe

-------††††-------In God

AMEN TO JESUS, HE IS ALMIGHTY.

BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOU WILL BE

SAVED FROM HELL.

GOD IS GOING TO COME REAL

SOON, HE IS RETURNING REAL

SOON BUT GET PREPARED OR

ITS GOING TO BE TO LATE AND

YOU WILL END UP IN HELL. JUST

BE READY FOR HIM

-------††††-------Please

-------††††-------Place

-------††††-------This

††††††††††††Cross

††††††††††††On

-------††††-------Your

-------††††-------Page

-------††††-------To Show

-------††††-------That You

-------††††-------Love & Believe

-------††††-------In God