When do parents stop treating you young?

I mean, like young young, like you're 5 years old. I'm almost 16, and I can't be in my room alone, I can't shop without my mom, they have to buy my clothes. If there's a swear in a movie I get a "cover your ears" or if someone kisses in a movie my Mom says "Eww, kissy! Close your eyes". Is this normal? I mean, I'll be a Junior next year. I hear every swear word every day at school. And this thing got to me, my Mom said she didn't think I knew what "touch yourself" meant. Like I'm stupid naive. I do everything every teenager in america does. She said I can't like boys yet either. How can I tell them I'm not young! I'm not trolling either, I'm actually being serious.

Either your parents have a skewed perception of age and time, or they are treating you like a child because they subconsciously don't want you to grow up. Possibly both.

Try having a serious talk with your mom. Tell her you're almost an adult, and you would like some independence. Sometimes it's hard for a parent to acknowledge that their child is growing up because they don't want to face the reality that eventually their child is going to leave them and lead their own life. You just have to let her know that you're still her little girl, but she can't treat you like one.

Tell them they're treating you like a 4 year old. You see people swear and kiss every day in highschool . . . even in middle school I'm sure you did!

my mom still does that to me and i'm 21. it's a parental thing. depends on the parents.