Baby shampoos that dont have cancer causing chemicals?

I just read that j&j and aveeno products have 2 chemicals that cause cancer. I looked at the store brand of walmart indgreidents and it has the same chemicals in it. I am boycotting all products that have those chemicals. Does anyone know of a brand that dont have that stuff in it

Favorite Answer

Carsonagenic is the word you're looking for. The chances are extremely low, but I'm sure your heart is in the right place with your concern. It's only dangerous if the baby was to drink the shampoo in large quantities which I suspect it has not.

Oxygen causes cancer. I guess you are now going to stop breathing to avoid cancer now.

You don't need to use baby shampoo if you don't want to. Use soap. It gets icky over time, but it's cheaper.

You would do better to boycott all foods that contain systemic pesticides. These are the pesticides that are killing our bees (proven when Europe started banning these pesticides). That would mean that you have to eliminate ALL corn and soy products since pretty much all US crops contain them now. I'd be more worried about neurotoxins in your child's food than some presumed cancer causing agent in a shampoo.

You can go to any Natural Food Store and buy shampoo (and everything else) with no chemicals. California Baby is a good one.

• jlb

We really like Earth Mama Angel Baby products.

You can go to the Environmental Working Group's cosmetic database to see how other brands rate.

J&J baby products have been around for years and years and years, my mother, my mother's mother all used them and hey we all turned out ok!!! if you listen or read stuff about what causes cancer, you'd stay in the house in a little bubble, you wouldn't drink tea, coffee, touch anything or eat anything.

you really do have to take these things with a pinch of salt, just put things into perspective and stop panicking!!

hx

Source(s): common sense!
  • justme

personally i think its a load of crap if it were true they would all be recalled