How to get contractions going passed due date! 10 pts!?

My friend wants to know if its normal to have contractions that are getting closer together but some are painful then some aren't she just feels like her tummy getting hard and she feels the contractions on her back those are the painful ones but then some aren't painful at all.

She passed her due date it was on Saturday and she doesn't want to have to be induced. They stretched her cervix already and she dilated to almost 3cm. She doesn't want to have to be induced till after Christmas and wants to skip out on pitocin. Her doctor said to try anything to help her with her contractions. What can she do to have a natural labor?

She doesn't have a boyfriend so no sex. She walks a lot and squats. Thanks for any help!

P.S ITS NOT ME JUST SAYING THIS ISN'T A "MY FRIEND (ME)" QUESTION 5 MONTHS POSTPARTUM HERE =)

She said they are painful sometimes but not close...she also lost her mucous plug a couple of days ago....

Favorite Answer

It sounds like those could be "real" contractions. Sounds like early labor to me. I never felt any contractions in my belly-just my lower back. But mine were really painful. My belly would get hard though...

If she's already dilated to 3cm's and if these contractions are consistant (coming every 7 minutes or less) I would advise her to go to the hospital. They can check her and see how far she's dilated and monitor her contractions. Once you get to 4cm you can be admitted and your likely to have the baby soon.

And she does not have to have pitocin, that is totally within her rights to refuse.

And also I lost my mucus plug the day before I had my daughter, So I would say she is close!

• jlb

It sounds like she might be in early labor. A brisk walk may help keep them going, if this a true labor. Don't let her overdo it though, labor is a marathon and she will need to be well rested. Have her focus on relaxing her muscles when the contractions come.

If she doesn't want an induction or pitocin, all she has to say is "No, thank you." It's entirely within her rights to refuse.

Isn't it irritating? My son needed to be brought about when you consider that he used to be at forty two weeks and nonetheless displaying no signal of in need of to come back out. You pass to the shop and all you notice is infants, for a few cause as quickly as you go your due date all of the different pregnant ladies you will have spotted round the city disappear and instantly there are tiny infants being driven down each aisle of the grocer. You consider like you're actually the final pregnant lady left on this planet. As some distance as looking to clearly set off you r hard work you'll take a look at intercourse, jogging, consuming highly spiced meals, ingesting raspberry tea, consuming pineapples, nipple stimulation, and I am certain there are lots of extra matters you would uncover for those who google it. Does any of it paintings? eh. Some ladies take a look at intercourse and jogging and it really works, or probably they only coincidentally pass into hard work. Some ladies have intercourse 3 occasions an afternoon and take lengthy walks every day and nonetheless do not pass into hard work. Discuss your induction choices together with your general practitioner. I recognise you wish it to occur clearly so simplest speak about the "worst case situation" as soon as the Dr. can provide you a date the youngster might be brought about on if you do not pass into hard work it'll support, believe me. That means you realize that there's a conclude line and it is helping to make the times pass through somewhat quicker meanwhile.