what are omnibus graphic novels?

Are omnibus graphic novel the designers of the novels or are they a type of graphic novel or what? i'm new to graphic novels.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Omnibus is more then one volume of a series together. There are both soft and hard cover but not many hard cover a lot of soft cover I have only seen 2 hard cover omnibus series. The highest i have seen in volume wise was 4 volumes in on book the least is 2. One example is Fullmetal Alchemist.

• 9 years ago

An "omnibus" graphic novel is basically multiple volumes combined into one book.

For example, the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series was originally sold one volume at a time. Now there are "omnibus" versions of the volumes, where one book has the content of three volumes (pic of an omnibus--> ) http://www.justmanga.com/jmcover/FMAMANGAOB02.jpg

• An omnibus graphic novel would be a large trade paperback or hardcover containing several volumes(not issues) of one series.

A good example of what an omnibus is would be the hardcover Walking Dead, which each contain several of the softcover versions.

• wisdom
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

There are a ton. in case you like superhero image novels, I fairly advise the hot Batman and Robin vol. a million that got here out presently (by furnish Morrison and Frank Quitely). It would not require a great form of wisdom of back-tale, the artwork is exceptional, and the story is rather exceptionally dark and stunning. in case you like the artwork component of comedian books, then i want to advise Batwoman:Elegy and Siege. in case you want something quite much less superhero-y, the strolling lifeless series is rather sturdy. i'm additionally partial to Maus (Nazi Germany informed by mice). A be attentive to advice, examine your interior reach library for stuff. Libraries in recent times frequently have exceptionally extensive image novel alternatives.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.