What do you think of my school dress code?

Okay our uniform used to be a long sleeve blue button up Oxford dress shirt tucked into khaki pants with a brown or black dress belt and brown or black dress shoes. Then some kids threw a fit at how they can't express themselves. So the school is like fine will change it now you can wear long sleeve dress shirt with a tie that has to be snug to neck. The top button must be buttoned and the sleeves are never rolled up. Then that has to be tucked in black. Khaki, or grey dress pants with brown or black dress belt brown or black dress shoes. In the winter months we have to wear a blazer as well. Don't you think it's so unfair that some kids threw a fit and now our dress code is so much more strict and uncomfortable.

You should write a letter of complaint. Although I actually have to wear a uniform, white shirt, black cardigan, black kilt (yes a kilt!), black opaque tights, black blazer with the school badge. You're not allowed to take off your blazer so during the summer you get BOILING!

Source(s): My school

No I do not..a lot of kids never have the privledge to dress that nice..I think uniforms in schools also takes stress off you kids cuz u ain't gotta worry about competition and it seems ya'll are learning the skills of dressing for success.

Sounds like you go to private school,kinda sounds like our dress code(i go to private school) the dress code is really the only thing i hate about private school,but i see where your coming,you will always have the students who will whine and complain and make things worse for other students who don't have a issue or don't say anything about the dress code,you cant please everyone these days...at all...and the ones you ant please they will let people know it,and what they don't realize is that they will not only make things worse for others but for them as well,im pretty sure now the students at your school probably are wishing that they had keep there mouth shut and didn't say anything about the dress code your school had before. maybe this will be a lesson to them,,don't complain about your schools dress code,it will only make it worse

I think it's unfair that your school didn't listen to those people about how they cannot express themselves. The school is the one being unfair, not the students. They have every right to speak out, it is the first amendment in our constitution. People should be allowed to express themselves and be heard!

• Totally! Ugh, people like that annoy me. They think they will get their way, then they don't and before you know it, you're wearing a tie!

i think that kids should have freedom and some kids cant aford these thing