can i get a bachelor's degree in accounting if i already have an associates degree in criminal justice?

i would like to become an accountant, and i am going to a technical college right now. my field is criminal justice. what i was wondering, is, if i get my associates degree in criminal justice, and transfer to the college right next door, can i get my bachelor's degree in accounting?

Favorite Answer

Well, as accounting is a business related major, many colleges and universities have prerequisite courses for business majors. Check with the college to see if they have prerequisite courses for accounting. If not, then you go ahead and transfer there after you get your associates. If so, then you would have to take those prerequisite courses and then go for the bachelors.

My major is economics and all of the colleges I checked out had the same prerequisite courses, so I've taken them while working on the associates. It was pretty convenient for me because the prerequisite courses were also courses I needed for my associates.

Good luck. =)

Source(s): Currently getting my associates.

Yes but do not be surprised if only 1/3 of your courses transfer.

• lewan

Criminology, criminalistics and forensics at the instant are no further what you like. (or forensic technological recognize-how). All those training are for profilers, and individuals who technique cime scene suggestions. that would no longer what forensic accountants do. Nor do you like all police training, or comparable. the different responded gave you some links, examine out them and observe their easily direction lots.