A mole of pennies stacked on top of each other would extend from the earth to Neptune and back how many times?

Update:

Stacked on TOP not put end to end.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So what you do is multiply a mole (6.02 x 10^23) times the diameter of each penny (0.75) inches. Doing this represents the total length of a mole of pennies in inches.

Then convert that into miles by dividing it by 12 (to feet) and then 5280 (to miles). Take the miles from earth to neptune (2.68813 billion miles) and divide it into the number that you calculated.

To find out the amount of round trips it takes, you just multiply the amount of miles from earth to neptune and multiply by 2 and then divide it into the calculated length of the mole of pennies (in miles).

• eggink
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you will possibly be able to desire to place up your chart. Your chart ought to be published. positioned up your chart. Chart your positioned up. Then bypass to my tribes internet site. Mem-or-ize the only million/2 baked definitions. i'm attempting to get you addicted to me. Sorry, could no longer withstand. Aries

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.