What VGA cable should I buy?

I am looking to connect my laptop to my LG 42LK520. This is a 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV that has an RGB IN (PC) port. My laptop does not have an HDMI port so I have to use the VGA port. Is there a difference between VGA, SVGA, XGA, etc.? I am looking for the best possible resolution delivered to my TV. Will it matter which cable I buy or will my TV only allow for one possible resolution?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Tim - Just get any standard male to male VGA cable - should not cost more than $20 for a 10 or 15 footer:

http://www.amazon.com/BELKIN-F3X1982-10-UXGA-Cable...

• 9 years ago

They are all the same thing.

I would prefer one with a DDE channel, that way the TV can tell the computer its capabilities, and usually set itself. Without the DDC channel, you have to experiment to find, or maybe even manually add, a resolution that works.

• luci
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

He comprado muchas veces cables hdmi de sitios information superhighway, porque siempre tienen los mejores precios por una calidad excelente, el ultimo que compre fue un cable hdmi de alta velocidad con Ethernet, 3-D y canal de retorno de audio, súper precio para un producto de calidad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.