What do you think about giving Christmas decorations out as a Christmas gift?

I think that's the worst gift idea ever!

Favorite Answer

Yah I don't know about that....

It depends on the person. If they collect a certain type of Christmas decoration, then it's an acceptable gift, if you give it ahead of time, and not wait until Christmas to give it to them.

Example: I have a friend who collects the African American Hallmark Barbie ornaments, she is delighted with one every year when someone who shops for her gets her one

Second example: I have a friend who collects Christopher Radko ornaments and loves it when people buy unique or new ornaments for her

Third example: If you know someone is really into Christmas and you get a personalized ornament for them, it's perfectly acceptable.

However, generally speaking, I don't think Christmas decorations make a good Christmas gift. But, I have a lot of friends who would rather receive ornaments then junk they don't want from people.

Among family and friends I think it's a GREAT idea !!

Mom used to give us one very nice decoration each year... and pack them away so we'd have our own decorations when we grew up and left home. My wife was amazed and so happy when I pulled that box out for our first Christmas.

I do the same with my daughters.... and to anyone who just recently got married.

Now as the ONLY gift to someone... yes, it's "a little after the fact" !!

It would be alright once in a great while and only if it was a special decoration. I still have some that my grandmother and my mother gave me and I cherish them.

Not really.