What breed do you think my cat is mainly?

I was thinking Norwegian Forest Cat mix, but I'm not sure. He's white with black. Black on his head, back, on one elbow, and his tail. Approximately 18 pounds (Not Fat). He used to tangle a lot at first before we decided to shave him down every summer, now he doesn't seem to tangle at all and keeps his fur well groomed on his own now. He does seem to enjoy the cold weather but not the wet weather. Runs inside like a vampire when its too warm for his liking.

Favorite Answer

Less than 3% of cats are a breed and breeders of pedigreed cats tend to sell kittens ALTERED. So unless you have papers to prove otherwise - which you clearly don't - your cat is simply a domestic with no breeds whatsoever in his backyard. If you need a "breed" for him then he'd be a "domestic longhair".

You need to be combing this cat's coat at least once a week to prevent mats. Longhaired cats can't do all the work on their own.

• Ocimom

I think 100% domestic longhair of no particular breed. Unless your cat has a pedigree or registration papers, its unknown parentage and therefore called a domestic long or short haired cat.

Do you have papers proving he's a "breed" of cat? If not, he's most likely a longhair domestic or short hair domestic; tabby.

As readers know, I am monitoring this site for breed discrimination. However, your question appears to be in order, so continue on!

The main thing is that people don't allow "breed" to be a determining factor in the selection process. Thanks!