Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

What is your opinion of Stephen A. Smith?

@Nick: How?

Favorite Answer

he knows what hes talking about

unlike bayless

• Jun

He is more of a Basketball person than any other sport really. I prefer this guy over Skip (stupid @$$) Bayless or Jim Rome. Quite frankly Stephen A. Smith for Basketball related questions only though.

what i like about hom and skip bayless is that they are smart. they dont say the right thing all the time (or much of the time), but you cant say they dont know a thing or 2 about sports. and when they say something, they can back it up despite what i see with a lot of analysts and fans who just say things due to popular belief or because its the right thing to say. and i do watch 1st take and i did watch a lot of shows (ive basically stopped watching tv as a whole) and they can make cases for their arguments that i find a lot rarer now a days. they dont simply say stuff because people wont like their opinions. but steven a himself is a trip... look up "steven a on qwame brown" and "steven a on jamarcus russell"... funny stuff.

pretty much why i really dont like this section anymore. some are being trolls (a lot), but a lot of people just say stupid sh*t without backing it up anymore. and a lot just say the popular thing. back when it wasnt troll infested and had good users, i was more admired because people at least respected my opinions and actually challenged myself and others to take the other side. not always because i personally believed in what i said, but to bring objectivity to things and show people how others had a different perspective on issues. now a lot of the users dont have much respect to anything and just think their opinion is the right one.

Source(s): me!
  • TSF™

I like him. I remember his show Quite Frankly some years back. I generally agree with, or at the least, respect his opinions.

• Ben

He is alright. But he is terrible in a group setting, he should only have solo shows like his radio show. His radio show is great, but when he is on First Take in a group debate he is so disrespectful he refuses to listen and puts a pissed uninterested look on his face while others are talking.

He is the "angry black man".

I love him espicially on ESPN first take going head to head with Skip Bayless and he is very outspoken.

They should call it american rugby at least. This is no joke but i had this american friend, he asked to play football, i said yes. I went around his house and I kicked it over the fence. He said why you do that for man and i said. Dude you said we were playing football.

So you see it can get complicated. Get into English football mate, at least you kick it

He is good always read his articles in inquirer in philly

What happen to his show he had a few yrs back?

• gary w

he is a good guy