How many believe that technology is depleting us?

At times I realize how lucky we are to have evolved to this, ever-so-high-tech world. Computers are such a reliable resource now-a-days, you could practically learn everything about anything with the click of a few buttons.

But so many of us have invested our time into daily routines filled with technology.

I do believe that people have lost the true meaning of life, at times. When I see children glued to their parents iPads or even their gaming systems I think wow, thats an awful way to build a well character for the future. Growing up I had coloring books and my imagination, now all thats left is video games, computers, game systems...etc.

Favorite Answer

yea, it is a double edged sword, there are many good things about it but it is also making us lazier and dependent on something we don't fully understand (like, how many people could really fix their computer?).

also, the internet should be able to give us more information on different points of view and make us more diverse, but instead it often has the opposite effect, people use it to zero in on only what they agree with or what they want to know and just increase their myopic clickiness.

• Kyp

I think that technology complements our lives rather than depleting it, although I would also like to point out that it's how we use technology that really matters. If you had a children's colouring app on the iPad and a colouring book, they would really serve a similar purpose.

i am young myself only 15 and i do agree that it is depleting us. i hear the stories that my parents would play football for hours a day and make guns out of sticks. of course i love technology but find this sentimentall' time has great value to it aswell. i also find it is one of the things that are depleting the respect that some kids should have for their parents.