im confused i need help please, before i go insane :'(?

i am 24 yrs old and i been working at the same job for the last 6 years, (since i was 18) and i was going to school to major in nursing but i dont think i want to pursue that career anymore, i was so motivated to do that and now i feel lost, no path, im tired of my job, i just feel like i dont know what i want anymore, i need advice, suggestions, please anything will help...i get so depressed at times...

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

OK, so you need to go back to the reasons why you wanted to be in nursing in the first place. What has changed so dramatically to bring you to this current situation? Maybe your work environment, changes to the priority of care, targets, working practices, whatever. you'll know because you do it.

Try and realize the key elements that are different now to then. Then question whether you have also changed, either because of the above, or for other personal reasons. Write all this down, briefly, so that you build a visual aid to the wider picture of where you were then, and where you are now.

Your feeling of being lost could be causing your depression, or it's your depression making you feel lost. You need to work that out also. Usually, too much work and not enough play (or 'you' time) kicks off depression and low esteem. or maybe you have problems in your private life that are eating away at you. You need to re evaluate your true worth and ability before you move out of this low period.

Without specifics I cannot be more helpful. But maybe this will give you something to go on. Chin up and the best of luck.

• 9 years ago

BUCK UP

FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU WANNA BE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.