I don't want a boyfriend; what's wrong with me?!?

So I'm 17. And I think I'm crazy.

I have never had a real boyfriend. I've had my first kiss and I am pretty flirty, and I'm relatively popular.

But I realized that I don't like the idea of having a boyfriend or going steady. I always thought I did, but I'm realizing now that I've never had a bf because I push people away when they start getting close to me.

I just don't have the emotional attachment...and then I hurt the boys who care about me.

I'm an ambitious girl. Top of my class, I'm a certified genius, and I'm a musical prodigy. I don't say these things to brag. I'm just trying to provide context. I also do some print and commercial modeling; I have long golden hair and green eyes, I'm 5 foot 9 and thin.

I'm busy! And I do a lot of volunteer service. That's how I usually justify not dating..."too busy."

But it's happening again for me, a boy likes me and I thought I liked him. We went out on Monday, but now I totally lack interest in him.

What's my issue?

Favorite Answer

You have no issue, you just don't want the emotional attachment, and you haven't felt it yet, but you will soon.

You sound very similar to myself actually, all besides the musical prodigy thing and your physical description. I've used the excuse that I didn't want a boyfriend when this guy liked me this summer. I did like him, but I honestly didn't want to date. I just enjoy being able to flirt with different guys. I feel like it's more fun to be single. Plus, you don't have the extra responsibility of a boyfriend. I am dating that guy now, though. However, I'm still not positive that I want to, which is pretty bad. I just felt there was no real reason not to I guess. I would rather be single, though. Definitely less stressful! Oh yeah, I also went on a date with a guy and had a great time and thought I really liked him, but the next time we hung out, the feeling just went away. It's kinda weird and frustrating, but it happens! The boy you're talking about just might not be the right person. And you're young anyways, so it's no big deal! Hope this helps!

Source(s): Myself

obviously haven't found the right guy yet. when you do you'll change your mind about not wanting a boyfriend