Dan asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

How Much Will My Puppy Weigh When An Adult?

My 12 week old Shih Tzu/Pomeranian Mix is being fed in accordance with being 4kg when fully grown. But I don't know for sure if this is how much he will weigh, its just a guess. I really don't want to under or overfeed him so I was wondering is there any ways to estimate his weight when he is an adult?

(I don't have access to the mother and fathers weights)

Thanks For Reading.

Favorite Answer

as a mix, no standards

you will know when grown

if you saw parents you can guess.

just feed according to weight not what he is supposed to be.

• Kath

Shih Tzu's should weight about 3,5 - 7,3 kgs and Pomeranians 2 - 3 kgs. Somewhere in between, you can't really predict what a mutt will turn into.

I have a Shih Tzu as well, my vet says he looks healthy but is a little longer in length so is a little heavier, if i do recall he is 16...maybe even more pounds, we got our dog a year ago in in the summer.

Source(s): My dog <3
  • Labman

Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs. Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Here is a link to a good illustrated guide, http://www.longliveyourdog.com/twoplus/RateYourDog...

You feed based on current weight not predicted weight