Teach Self Basic College Physics?

I had a horrible professor twice for college physics 1 and 2; however, no one in the class learned anything. For future events, I very much need to learn basic college physics. Does anyone know of any good self teaching physics books that are not calculus based? Thank you very much.

Favorite Answer

Physics I For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science)) [Paperback]

Steven Holzner (Author)

$12.17 at amazon.com

• Derek

The textbooks used for your physics classes would be the best place to start. They will cover the specific topics that you say you didn't learn. You might also check the availability of low cost related books for a Kindle or Sony e-reader. Another way to gain the knowledge would be to watch the lectures on Youtube. MIT has a series of these that have quite a following.

You don't get any college credit for watching the videos, but you can still gain knowledge. The videos also have that advantage of demonstrating some principles of physics in a better way than just looking at a picture or diagram in a book. While the MIT lectures are probably the best known, I'm sure there are others on Youtube that could be useful to you. The knowledge may be helpful as a remedial catch up program for you so you will be better prepared for more advanced physics classes. Good luck!

Source(s): former college adviser