Can i die my hair and get my nails done being 7 weeks pregnat?

Favorite Answer

as long as its in a well ventilated area it should be fine. I do hair, so I work with all those chemicals all the time, and I also do it my self. my first baby is just a perfect 3 yr old and my current 21 wk pregnancy is going just fine. I asked my doctor about the hair color when I was was pregnant with my first child, and he said well are u gonna eat the color, cause unless u eat it u'll be fine!

I read up on this...this being my third pregnancy and if you are going to dye ur hair you should wait at least until u get in to your second trimester. Reason being is that at 7 weeks ur little baby is way too underdeveloped to withstand the fumes and potentially ur skins absorbing the dye. Getting ur nails is your call. Theirs nothing wrong with having acrylic on your nails but the fumes while ur getting them is dangerous for ur baby. Make sure u are in a well ventilated nail salon.

Here is a safe alternative to nail polish. Try using these (link below). They last for 2 or more weeks on your fingers and 6 or more weeks on your toes, they don't chip like polish and you don't have to use yucky glues or breath in harmful vapors! You get up yo 4 or 6 uses out of a sheet depending on how long your nails are and they come in like 160 designs. They're really cool! I use them myself and LOVE them!! Hope this helps ;-)

• ?

There have been many studies on dying your hair while pregnant, and none have given 100% on whether you should or not. Most doctors say wait until your 12-14 weeks before dying. Also, only dye your hair in a well ventilated area :)

I would say no to coloring your hair. Nails on the other hand, depends where you go. Don't go to a cheap place where they wear masks. I mean they wear masks for a reason right? Go to a nice place, my husband sent me to a spa to get my nails done as part of my Christmas present.

• Kara N

You can get your nails done but don't box dye your hair, get it done professionally. The stuff in box dyes are harmful.

No . If you choose to get your nails done, where a mask b\c of the chemicals.

Most obgyn say to not dye your hair so soon..Check with your doctor.

May I suggest taking an English class instead?