Can you use a guitar tuner for a baritone ukulele?

I'm trying to learn how to play baritone ukulele and i know that it's like a mini guitar with four strings. I just don't know how else i can tune it :/

These days you can learn how to play ukulele over the internet. You can find the best ukulele video lessons here: http://www.learnukuleleonline.com/ The videos are very easy to follow and to my surprise extremely helpful even for advanced ukulele players. For beginners I would have to say this is a gold mine.

I was able to improve my skills in just under 4 weeks and I am an intermediate-to-advanced ukulele player; I've been playing ukulele for the past 3 years.

I live in New York City, I wanted to go to a ukulele teacher but that would have cost me over $800 per month. Good thing with this internet, $800 it's a lot of money for me. Good luck!

The baritone ukulele's four strings are the same exact pitches, low to high, as a guitar's highest four strings... D-G-B-E, low to high.

So, a guitar-specific tuner would certainly do the trick.

However a chromatic tuner would work perfectly, as well, for tuning to those pitches.

Source(s): Multi-instrumentalist, including 8 years of baritone uke.

I don't know the open- string notes of this instrument, or octave range. But, a guitar tuner goes E-A-D-G-B-E. If your uke is in that range, it may pick it up. If you know how to play one, you can tune it like a bass guitar.

E-A-D-G. A bass tuner would probably be in the same range.

You can also use a piano or keyboard for tuning, assuming you have a good ear. Just make sure the keyboard is in tune, @ 440.

Source(s): 15 year musician.