Jessica asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Hairstyles with braids in!!!?

OK I'm a 13 yr old and i have this formal dance coming up for this program I'm doing. i just recently braided my hair with extensions and i forgot about the dance and now my hair is in single braids. I don't want to put my braids down, cause personally i don't think it looks nice on me. i have black braids with gold highlights and it is mid-length. what are some cute hairstyles i can do with my hair with single braids in? remember, this is a formal dance. Thank you :D

Favorite Answer

Do what Sahara's Jolie-Pitt's hair did to her braided hair extensions. Google her and see.

Zahara Jolie-Pitt Debuts Hair Extensions With Family In Las Vegas (PHOTOS)

BTW: I wouldn't leave the hair extensions on too long if I were you.

HAIR WEAVES & BRAIDS: Some hairstyles, including tight braids and weaves, may increase the risk of developing an irreversible form of scarring hair loss, according to a new study in the Archives of Dermatology.

Seen predominately in African-American women, this type of hair loss, central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia, centers on the vertex (crown) of the scalp and spreads peripherally.

“Any style that causes too much tension and traction on the hair, such as braiding with artificial hair weaved in, can possibly lead to scarring hair loss,” says study author Angela Kyei, MD, a dermatologist at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio.

In the study, 326 African-American women answered questionnaires about their hair-grooming methods, health status, and other demographic information. Dermatologists then performed a scalp examination to grade hair loss.

Nearly 60% of the women showed signs of advanced central hair loss with scarring. The women were also more likely to have type 2 diabetes and bacterial scalp infections, and sport hair styles associated with traction, including braids and weaves, the study showed.

“But hair loss is permanent, meaning that we can inject steroids or creams but it won't bring your hair back, so it’s very important to seek help with dermatologists early on,” she says.

One example who just got a weave:

"okay , i got it done exactly a week ago . it was ripple deep curls . now , it's A MESS . no curls at ALL . and then i have school tomorrow , how can i fix it and make the curls come back ?"

Watch: Natural Hair Versus Relaxed Hair Debate Discussed On The Dr. Drew Life Changers Show

• sedlay

I had a braided coiffure at one factor as a bridesmaid wherein the stylist did 3 braids arching over my head like a headscarf, and the again was once like a unfastened and curly updo. She did the braids since I have a tendency to get fly-away hairs and it stored my hair tame. We caught a few plant life in, and it appeared relatively lovable. I received my hair performed like that once more simply by describing the form to the stylist, you would traditionally have the braided headscarf arch and feature the again any approach you wish. Or have the braided aspects as this do you may have proven, and feature the again performed like yet another form.