Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 9 years ago

How can I fix my computer's intermittent pausing?

Hello,

I bought my Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop around 2 years ago, and it's recently been giving me problems when I'm working on my computer. It will randomly pause (not freeze), and the audio is slowed down extremely, the mouse will not move/respond, and visually the graphics do not change, yet the audio is still occurring, albeit at frame intervals.

Usually, the computer begins to respond after it pauses for about 30 seconds to 5 minutes. At other times, it will not respond at all, forcing a manual shutdown, or it will go into a BSoD, with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Here are my computer specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)

Acer Aspire 5732Z

Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 2.10GHz

4GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

Intel GMA 4500M - 1695MB DVMT

Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

When I run BlueScreenView on my last BSoD, it highlights the possible causes of the crash, primarily athrx.sys. The other two are ntoskrnl.exe and vwififlt.sys.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

the quickest way to get your laptop to stop the intermittent pausing would be a hammer.

It will pause for the last time after as few as one good whack.

• sedlay

It feels like plenty of Internet visitors from time to time. It's identical to cellphone telephones. Too a lot visitors jams the strains. I get this from time to time however it is not too unhealthy. You might need to replace your modem. Are you on broadband?