What order to play Half Life games in?

I just bought the Half Life: Complete package from Steam (Only $10? Don't mind if I do) and I was curious as to what order to play them in so the story flows better. Figured I had the basics down:

Half Life

Half Life: Opposing Force / Blue Shift

Half Life: Source / Deathmatch: Source (?)

Half Life 2

Half Life 2: Episode 1 / Episode 2

Half Life 2: Lost Coast

Half Life 2: Deathmatch

Still kind of lost -_-

I was looking for a little more specificity (not the blatant fact that there's a 'first' game and a 'second' game). Source and Deathmatch sound like multiplayer so they might not affect me, but what about the parts not in the vanilla game?

Favorite Answer

Play them in their chronological order, you won't want to play Half Life 2 and then go back to one where the graphics and gameplay are comparatively more frustrating.

purchase a million/2-existence a million Anthology on Steam! It includes all 3 of the unique video games (halflife, blue shift AND Opposing tension) to no longer point out, group fort classic. that could be a great interest, and you will desire to understand the Black Mesa tale earlier persevering with onto HL2.