Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Is it normal for my wife to not make sure my health insurance payment is up to date?

Last year my wife lost/threw away my health insurance bill accidentally. I lost my insurance and coud not reapply for a full year. After the year we got the insurance reinstatement form and after almost 2 months she has not taken care of this. I do have health problems and everybody else in the house has coverage but me. Am I taking this overboard for getting mad that she hasn't bother to do this?

Hmm for those of you calling me lazy I'm a great provider and work 10-12 hours a day to keep the house afloat which at times is a losing cause.

• M S
    Favorite Answer

Is your wife the primary breadwinner and bill payer? If so, then does she carefully and regularly pay every bill other than your health insurance? If she does, then perhaps you might want to examine the other facets of your relationship . . . or take over paying your own health-care insurance bills. And is there any particular reason your health-care insurance is on a separate policy from the breadwinner?

If it's important to you to have the bill paid, then clearly you need to pay it yourself.

How the hell should we know what's normal for YOUR wife, dude? If it's YOUR health, and YOUR insurance, then maybe YOU should take care of it instead of relying on someone who you don't see as reliable and instead of asking total strangers over the internet to tell you what's normal or not in your own marriage.

You have heard of automatic payment? It appears that your wife is incapable of handling family financials. Better that you take care of this than she.

It's your health insurance. Deal with it.

"to not make sure" is such contrived writing. You're TRYING to hint in a reverse and stupid way she wants you dead. But you are too dense to know she'd keep them up to date so she could collect if you died.

Jesus.

• ?

Don't worry, she's keeping your life insurance policies up to date.

Hee hhee!!

That first answer hit the nail on the head!!

Do it yourself. Dam your lazy.

• Lex

I couldn't give a flying f**k about it you c**t.