How to get my boyfriend's family to not hate me?

My boyfriend and I were very on and off because he was constantly controlling and told me what to do. I've broken up with him in the past and his parents know about it. We were together for 3 months and I got fed up with him and ended it again. We got back together a few days ago and they don't seem to be happy. They think I hurt him when it's the opposite. He tried to kill himself when I dumped him but it was mostly because of stress from his family situation, yet they're blaming it on ME. His sister even yelled at me and told me to stay away from her family/brother. His parents used to like me but clearly they don't want us together anymore... they think I've hurt their son and pulled him back and forth but I didn't do it intentionally.

He went to therapy and he isn't controlling anymore. He really has changed and he proved it to me multiple times now... so every thing in our relationship is fine. I just don't know how to smooth things over with his family. I'm bringing them homemade Christmas cookies the day after Christmas (also our 1 year anniversary). I don't really want to bring anything up... but it's going to be awkward when I see them especially because his sister HATES me. He tried talking to his mom about it and he even told every one in his family that when I broke up with him that it was his fault. He says they don't have a problem with me but I can tell they do. /: I just don't know how to fix things. His sister is moody and unpredictable and 4 years older so I'd rather not approach her. (Thankfully, she's going to college next year) but for now I don't know what to do. Advice?

We've been dating for a year almost. When I said 3 months I meant it had been 3 months since we had broken up..

Favorite Answer

Be nice and supportive and nice.

Can't be hard for you to be your a very good person to even care about his family if they only knew what a girlfriend you are.

Source(s): christmas is coming buy them presents.

You should have a talk with him about it because it's not fair that his family hates you for getting out of an unhealthy relationship. Only thing you really can do... you could try sucking up to them, but who likes that?

Answer mine?:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201112...