How do I get on Broadway?

I am thirteen, 58 inches, and 90 pounds. I have performed in many local productions in good roles (Lucy in Narnia, Little Ti Moune in Once on This Island, Alice in Alice in Wonderland) but I REALLY want to be in a real Broadway sort of show. I live in a small town in Colorado near Denver. I take voice lessons and dance lessons. I have this deep desire to be on Broadway. Sometimes I even cry over it! I know I probably sound like a brat, but I just want this with all my heart. Does anyone know what to tell me?

Favorite Answer

First of all, let me just say, I admire your passion and that's exactly what's going to get you on Broadway. :) I have a pretty good deal of experience in New York-based touring groups and a couple of shows on Broadway.

First step, get an agent. Agents are a bit expensive, but if you're truly passionate about being on Broadway, you'll definitely need one.

Second step is to build your resume. This seems like a nuisance, but it really helps. You can't go into an audition for, let's say, Elphaba or Christine Daae, and expect to get the role with no Broadway experience. My first role on Broadway was one of the murderesses from Chicago (Pop, ;)). From there I snowballed and started getting bigger roles.

Hope this helps. :)

You're preparing well. Keep performing, keep honing your talent, audition all over the place.

Spend every night when you first go to bed visualizing yourself performing on Broadway, visualize it so intently that it feels absolutely real. You want to do this morning when you're first awakening and night as you're falling asleep, and then one other time during the day. Make it a consistent habit. Eventually, you may want to do a You-Tube Video, or audition for one of the talent shows. Ultimately, to get on Broadway, you have to audition there. The timing for that will be up to you and your parents. For now, though, prepare well. Eventually, get some good head shots and an agent.

Source(s): Performance background

WOW.. well for a NATURAL TALENT such as you are the shoul obiously hire yo on the spot so it should be easy.. all you have to do is move to New York and go to OPEN AUDITIONS where you will be competing against 2000 or 3000 or MORE other hopefuls who all want the same job and THEY will have been taking DANCING and SINGING and ACTING lessons since they were 4 or 5 yers old.. and all you have to do is be BETTER at the audition than the other hopefuls.. it really is just that simple