Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 9 years ago

stove cement that hardens with water?

I'm having some issues with my stove and need some cement to patch up some spots.

what kind of cement should i be looking for to fix it? would furnace cement or general cement work?

what is the cement called that hardens with water? i heard that was a better method.

also i have no idea how to do any of this.

2 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    what kind of stove, ? wood, gas, electric coal ?

    use epoxy 2 part,

    Source(s): maint man
  • 9 years ago

    I forgot the actual name, but its something like "hyrdolic" cement, or hydro something cement. It's meant to be used like you said, with high water content.

    They also might sell hi heat epoxy type sealants you can look into. Find the chimney repair section or cement repair section and look around.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.