Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 years ago

Do you support the War on Drugs?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Police ought to serve and protect the community, not wage war on the underclass.

"You can't even call this **** a war... Wars end."

- Carver, The Wire

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

No. Especially considering the fact that most of the drugs that we're "at war" with aren't even bad for you, or even DRUGS in the first place. Marijuana is a plant, not a drug. And it isn't bad for you. Actually, most drugs (and plants) are only bad if you don't know what you're doing. If you take too much at one time, obviously it'll have some bad side effects, but isn't that true for EVERYTHING?

Marijuana and Salvia are both tools to explore your subconscious and open your mind with. How is that a bad thing? Hindus have been using Salvia in religious rituals for ages, just as the Mayans used Marijuana (and they were one of the most intelligent cultures ever). If you deny people the right to smoke what naturally grows on the earth, then you're denying them the right to use what Mother Earth gave them.

• 9 years ago

Depends what drug.

If it's pot, hardly. Fact is where I live indoor grow-ops are everywhere. I got stopped by a cop once who I guess was looking for some robbery suspect and lucky me I matched the description... the cop asked me to empty my pockets so out comes my pipe that I put on the hood of his car along with my wallet keys and everything else - once he realized I wasn't who he was looking for he told me to take my stuff back [all of it] and have a nice day apologizing for the inconvenience. If I was living in some zero tolerance place I'd likely be clogging up the court system costing lots of dollars.

If it's meth or coke and stuff like that - yup I'm all for a war on that... if only those are the most anti-social evil crap drugs out there. I've known people on meth and coke, these are the same people that crawl on the ground looking for crumbs they may have dropped who'd screw and steal from their own families [nvm everyone else too] for the next hit.

It just destroys people.

So yupyup, I'm all for a war on drugs - depending.

• 9 years ago

What Needful Sinner said. Depends on the drug. Stuff like PCP should never touch human hands- talk about destroying people. That stuff'll make a person cut their own face off. Certain substances are too detrimental to allow them to legally be in circulation, if society gives a damn at all about our safety. I don't completely agree with the first answer. Just because something grows on the earth doesn't mean we should be allowed to do with it whatever we please. That's why we have laws, to keep order. Breaking them is often necessary, but a basic set of guidelines is what allows us to function as a society. Yeah, the Mayans were incredibly intelligent, but they also practiced ritual sacrafice and other primitive acts we wouldn't today.

As for marijuana and similar substances, no. There are other, more important things to worry about and invest money in.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Happy Birthday

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Drugs are killers, shouldn't we support war on it?

• 9 years ago

nope!.. anyone that supports a WAR on anything is not thinking right~~

• 9 years ago

Waste of money if there ever was.

• 9 years ago

Sure, why not?

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.