How do you feel about Common confirming taking shots at Drake?

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.18035/title....

do you think it's a smart move? is it a bad idea? or will this not change anything and will people ignore it?

Favorite Answer

Beefing is apart of the hip-hop game. I suggest Drake to be quiet though, he doesn't wanna beef with Common.

Ya, I don't think that it was originally intended to diss Drake, Common probably just said it after. Drake deserves a diss track though, he is not a good rapper at all, probably one of the top 5 worst lyricists out there right now. I don't even know how Drake is this famous.

• Nikki

I wouldn't say it's a 'bad idea,' necessarily.. I mean, what's Drake gonna do, have all of YMCMB go against Common? the worst that could come out of that is some wack diss tracks and some bitchy comments, really.

on the other hand, it's not overly smart. it's not a bad idea, but there wasn't much reason for it, callin Drake out specifically...

whatever. Common know's what he's doin.

I don't really see what's at stake here. Most people who listen to "Sweet" aren't going to go into the song thinking Drake is the best lyricist in Hip Hop, and most people who think that aren't going to listen to "Sweet" at all. With Ludacris, I feel like its a different situation because the fans of the stop pause punchlines are usually familiar with Luda and Drake and that could really change opinions and at least entertains. This just seems like boredom.

Drake is too comfy to do anything. Word to Kardinall.

I kinda doubt that it was originally written about Drake, honestly, I think he changed up his story later so that Drake would take it more personally.

I have mixed feelings about it, truthfully. One one hand, I think Drake is corny and would find it funny to see him get murked in a beef with Common, and that he would have it coming to him for taking offense at the song in the first place, on the other hand, I think it's hypocritical for Common to diss rappers like Drake for singing when his main man is Kanye of all people.

Most people will ignore it and when I say "most people" I mean Drake stans. I personally wanna see Common destroy Drake but If Drake actually comes back with a song or verse about Common then that's cool too.

It's not a good thing at all. It would have been different if a gangsta rapper would have dissed Drake. But Common? A soft conscious rapper going after Drake just doesn't go too well.

I didn't expect anything like this from Common but don't think it'll change anything. I doubt Drake will make a diss track responding so...

Warm and fuzzy inside

Drake sucks.