Megan asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 9 years ago

How do I get rid of a pinched nerve?

It started as simply as my arm just going numb occasionally mostly in my elbow and now my shoulder is in pain and I don't think it's from sleeping the wrong way. I have tried rotating it and getting it massaged but neither seem to be doing the trick. Any other ideas?

Favorite Answer

You can try walking as this helps to get the vertebrae moving. You can try yoga, but I think you would benefit from a visit to an Osteopath who specializes in the Sutherland method or a visit to Chiropractor/Naprapath who specializes in soft tissue manipulation. Good luck.

I would suggest going to a Chiropractor. They work with the hard tissue which is bone, then also seeing a massage therapist who works with the soft tissue, muscle. A pinched nerve is a bone slightly out of place and is "pinching" the nerve. A Chiropractor can do what is called an adjustment of the bones and realign the bones so the nerve is not "pinched" any more. A massage therapist can help the muscles relaxed so the muscles won't pull the bones back out of place. A massage will also help relieve pain.

Source(s): I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist and work with Chiropractors
  • Ray

Go spend $35 for a bottle of shark cartilage capsules. Take as directed. It will rebuild all joints including your back and the nerve will no longer be pinched.