How long does it take to receive a check after accepting an offer from an insurance company?

I received a settlement offer from the insurance company of the other person involved in an auto accident I had that resulted in no injuries but my car being totaled. I accepted the offer, but I need to know how long I should expect to have to wait before I receive my check. Some people were telling me that it takes a couple of months but I find that hard to believe. By the way, I live in california but the accident happened in nashville and I am stuck here till i get that check so i can afford a flight home

Favorite Answer

The law is up to 1 month. However contact your insurance company 's claim dept. and tell them your circumstances. Your co. should help you! This is why you pay them a great deal of money every yr.

Source(s): I hope this info helps.

- Does the insurance company has the vehicle?

- Do you have clean title, if not they need to payoff the car and than you!

So if you call the insurance company and you're lucky for someone to answer or return your call, they should know better the answer.

• Mushu

Once they receive all the paperwork (title, keys, etc) they will issue your payment right away. It just takes as long as the post office will take to get it to you.

the least complicated difficulty to do is touch the coverage employer in contact, and ask to communicate to a supervisor. in the event that they nonetheless stall, touch the state coverage commissioner on your state to document a criticism.